Amazon Flex 101
Congratulations on starting your journey to become an Amazon Flex driver!
Amazon Flex is a new delivery platform that allows drivers to work flexible hours to deliver packages for Amazon, and get paid for those hours!
Becoming an Amazon Flex Driver
The first step to take is to register to become an Amazon Flex driver. Registration can be submitted on their website. Below are the main requirements:
+Be in a geographical area that is served by Amazon Flex
+Be 21 years old or over
+Have an iPhone or Android device
+Have a valid driver's licence and vehicle
+Pass a background check
Once you complete the necessary application details, Amazon will complete a background check. Once you are approved, you will receive a welcome email. Registration to approval typically takes 3 - 5 business days.
You will then be instructed to download the Amazon Flex app, which is where all of the information and instructions for your deliveries will be based.
After completing a 19 part instructional video series going over the basics and various scenarios. Each video lasts about 2 - 4 minutes.
Delivering for Amazon Prime Now vs Amazon.com
Many of the Amazon Flex locations offer driver opportunities of two types which cause much confusion - so be aware of the critical differences. Amazon Prime Now is a service for Amazon Prime customers in select locations who can request 2-hour delivery service, and Amazon Flex drivers making these deliveries are assigned delivery routes specifically serving these customers. These deliveries are usually handed over directly to the customer, and can generate tips.
If you are an Amazon Flex driver delivering Amazon.com packages, you will be delivering regular Amazon shipments to customers' doorsteps. These deliveries do not have customer interaction and do not generate tips.
Making your first Amazon Flex delivery
Once you have completed the registration process and completed the video instructions, you are ready for your first delivery. You will first need to be assigned to a delivery block. This can either be assigned to you for the upcoming week, or you can find same-day availability through the app.
An hour before your assigned delivery block, the Amazon Flex app will notify you of where to go. For the majority of delivery blocks, you will be instructed to head to the warehouse.
Once you arrive at the warehouse, you will sign in, and be assigned packages to deliver by an attendant. Complete all deliveries within the required timeframe, and you are all done! Amazon Flex pays out all earnings weekly.
Improving your performance and reliability
After you make several deliveries and get the hang of things, you can begin to optimize the way in which you complete deliveries. For example, you will begin to familiarize yourself with the Amazon Flex app, or separate packages by delivery destination for easier access and quicker delivery when you arrive at the customer location. Over time, you may even learn to save on costs by improving gas mileage and time spent on deliveries.
That's it! We hope you find the information on this website useful to learn more about the intricacies of delivering for Amazon Flex.
Recent forum discussions
- HEllo - Has anyone had an accident while delivering? I hit a mailbox today and sent an email to sup...
- I would be very grateful if I will register as amazon flex drive I like to work with Amazon flex Am...
- I've been trying to find the answer to this all day and my first restaurant shift starts in an hour!...
- Did my first Fresh pickup yesterday! It was confusing - I got to the back of the store and saw the p...
- When Amazon Flex increases rates (and you get the email) but you already have blocks assigned, do th...
- Each time I reach out to Amazon Flex I tend to get a canned response that doesn't actually address m...
- So the other day I had a morning 8-12 block and got a decent amount of tips (14 dollars for 4 delive...
- Anyone know why Android doesn't allow screenshots on the flex app? I want to save my route data for ...